Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Very Typical Jess Thursday

Hi friends!!!!! As everyone has stated, this was such a wonderful idea Kate, and I have loved getting a glimpse into all of your daily, routine lives. It's been fun!

Finally my day has arrived. Coming at you from beautiful SoCal, here is a very typical Thursday (and how I spend most other days) of mine.

We begin with the alarm clock. I set it for 6:00am (mostly because Drew gets up around that time), and then I proceed to snooze....


An hour or so later after snoozing, I finally decide it's time to get out of bed. Like Mark, I am a morning person, I just love my bed and don't want to get out. (And yes that picture is from a Tokyo photobooth.)

After breakfast, coffee, getting ready, and more coffee, it's a final check in the mirror before work.


In order to function for work, I require two things on my drive:




That's right, bumpin' music and, you guessed it, more coffee.

I work at Westminster High School in the Special Education department. This is my desk. There are so many awesome things about my little area of the classroom. See if you can spot them all.



When lunch comes around, I usually grade papers, if I have any, or I do a crossword puzzle and eat leftovers (today veggie stew!).


Today was not too crazy and the most productive thing that happened, besides teaching children to read and write of course, was when my boss and I came to the realization that one of our students looks, sounds, and acts just like Kevin Malone in The Office. Can't believe I didn't realize this until now. Oh and of course there is a group picture of us on my desk!


After work, I head to Ralph's because there was a random sale, today only, from 1:00pm-9:00pm.


I love coupons and Blue Moon.

I head home and thought I'd show you what I come home to.



This is my living room.


This is my kitchen.

I live maybe 1.5 miles from the beach and even closer to the Bolsa Chica Wetlands. This is where I go for my afternoon runs.


It's okay to be jealous. This is the view (most days). That's Catalina in the distance. There are a ton of trails through the wetlands. This is on the bluffs before I descend down to the actual wetlands.


Dead Marshes? Don't follow the light.


Upon my return from my 4 mile run, I head to Trader Joe's for a few things.


It's literally like 600 ft. from my apartment. Not a week goes by that I'm not there.


The powerberries from TJ's are my favorite, so as I walk home, I eat most of them.

When I get back it's time for pilates.



No this doesn't mean I'm too lazy to go to the gym, it means I'm too cheap to buy a gym membership.

After my pilates session, it's time to start making dinner so it's ready when Drew gets home. Since being married, I have really gotten into cooking and I love it. Tonight is BBQ chicken pizza night. While it is in the oven, I check emails and see this picture because it's my background:



Everyday I'll see an adorable puppy either in commercials, on my desktop, or when I'm out and about, and everytime I go, "Ahhhh look at the puppy! I want one!" Some people tell me I should feel this way about babies...I want a puppy!


Anyways, pizza is ready, Drew is home, so we dine.



Not to pat my own back, but that pizza was good. Really good.

After dinner, we take to the couch for Jeopardy.


What is tributary? I win $1800 imaginary dollars.

Then we go for a walk around the neighborhood.



Aren't we adorable.


We usually play some sort of game so we don't watch Netflix all night. Tonight was Scrabble.


I really did get this word, and it got me 96 points.

Since we don't get cable, we are limited to watching things on channels 2 through13, and sometimes we don't get all of those, so we watch what we can on tv or watch stuff on Netflix.


Oh ya, I get foot rubs all the time. He's the best.

This has taken me forever to post. It's time for me to go cuddle up with my husband in bed and listen to the rain which just started.

So that is my day! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed looking at and reading your posts! I love and miss you all, and though it wasn't pictured, I do have a spare bed (tempurpedic), so if any of you find yourselves in SoCal, you have a place to stay!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I see you using the salad tongs I got you for the wedding with dinner?! Jess, your newlywed life is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did use those tongs! I was hoping you'd notice!

    ReplyDelete