Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A day in the life of Eric

Hi friends! So it looks like Matt went all awesome with his post so I have a very high standard that I know I will stumble to reach. But here it goes...without further ado....Eric's tantalizing tuesday! (I will also add that I too used all hipsta-pics following in Matt's footsteps. Mostly since my normal Tuesday is morning but my normal hipster Tuesday is Awesome!(?)) (without Noopur in the country)!

I will start out with this picture. It isn't of me waking up in the morning or drinking my morning coffee, but show that I forgot about taking pictures until I left the door to go to work. Thankfully Noopur sent me text to remind me while she was traveling to El Salvador, and then Kate was kind enough to remind me as well :) So here is my day post 10:30am or so!


And here is my desk and an awesome/awful "genetic engineering kit" my boss got me as a gag-gift that sits on my desk. It seriously is encouraging kids to genetically engineer their own organisms. The horror!


After working (boring visually) I walked to Dupont Circle for a lunch meeting. These are houses on my way:

Back at the office I had an interview on a Brazilian radio show to talk about biotechnology. This is me, on skype, talking to the entire nation of Brazil...Then I broke out into song - "We are carnival, we are Bahiah. We are the world of carnival, we are Bahiah!"


After work I came home:
And cooked dinner with Rose! Roasted asparagus with veggie pasta!



This next part didnt actually happen tonight but is a general composite of my average night:

I played music...
Played wii (which is taking over more and more of my life)...

And make/drink lots of beer. This is the ginger saison Noopur and I brewed two days ago!!!


And then back to my real night. Our "urban family" - composed of Me, Rose, (usually Noopur), and our besties Laura and Patrice - watched Glee!!


And that is Eric's usually Tuesday!!

Thanks Kate for this AWESOME idea. I had a lot of fun compiling it and thinking of things to share with you all. I cant wait to see how the rest turns out!!


5 comments:

  1. SOYBEANS!
    Great commentary with the pics Eric...and I second Matt's desire for homemade beer. Ginger saison brew sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC is so cool looking! Somehow, just mentioning the Bahia song got it stuck in my head! Save some of the beer for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I need to buy an iPhone solely for hipstamatic pics. I too would like to indulge in some homemade beer. Reunion soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beer, banjos, Wii, Eric (and usually) Noopur...DC sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Dan Christie show up in your podcast with a tallboy of Skol?

    You should showcase your ginger beer at the food & wine fest next year!

    ReplyDelete